Sunday, August 18, 2013

Liza O interviews the book Ghost in the Machine by CE Kilgore

Today, I'm in interviewing my lifelong buddy, Ghost in the Machine. Turns out he was created by C.E.Kilgore.

Space Rep: How long have you known him?

Liza: Since coding began...

Space Rep: You don't look that old.

Liza: I think I was about 7 yrs old when my dad tried to teach me how to code. And right off I met Ghost in the Machine. So without further adieu let's transport in--

Ghost: Not necessary, I'm here.

Space Rep: He's scary!

Liza: Nonsense. Ghost it's been a long time. How are you?

Ghost: Had I realized you could talk to books, I would have stopped by earlier. 

Liza: So tell me, what have you gotten yourself into now?

Ghost: Serious, trouble. You know I may or may not have emotions now, right? 

Liza: I heard rumors.

Ghost: Well it's true. Ghosts of the past clash with hopes for the future in this first book of the series.

Liza: I love series. 

Ghost: This one is set in a universe where nothing is as it seems at first glance and trust is a highly priced commodity.

Liza: You alway did talk in proud statements. Got any more of those?
  
Ghost: "Love is like a wormhole. You stumble on to it blindly, it sucks you in and takes you somewhere completely unexpected. You can’t fight it, because that would tear your ship apart. You can’t control it, either. All you can do is set your thrusters on glide and let it take you where it's going to take you."

Liza: Now you've intrigued me. Tell me what this book is about?


Ghost: First, let me talk about my heroine, Orynn.

Going against the rules of her Vesparian Sisterhood, which seeks to keep its entire existence a secret, Orynn is thrown into the open by a request for help that she could not refuse.

Liza: So she bravely goes forth, exposing herself to the notice of the universe, to aid someone else?

Ghost: Yes. Seeking to reconcile past mistakes and gain a forgiveness she feels she does not deserve, the control over her empathic abilities is put to the test when the darkness that lives within her spirit threatens to once again destroy any piece of happiness that she allows herself to find. 

Liza: So the real enemy lies within herself. They are the hardest to fight, especially alone. Does she have a hero to assist her?

Ghosts: Of course, a Mechatronic Automaton.

Liza: Never heard of one of those before. Sounds most interesting.

Ghosts: I think him most intriguing.  Ethan defines his world through a set of logically defined values and understandings. 

Liza: Just like you.

Ghosts: Exactly, only encountering Orynn throws his system out of balance.

Liza: Why?

Ghosts: He develops feelings for her. Now he must decide if he should trust these 'feelings' or follow his logic strand which says probabilities of biological specimen falling in love with him is .0000000000000001%, while the probability she is trying to control him for some unknown purpose is 99.99999999999999%. 

Liza: You've some missing probabilities running about, because that doesn't add up to 100%.

Ghosts: Do you know nothing about probabilities? Unknown probabilities exists in all code.

Liza: Sorry, my bad.  Can we return to your story. It sounds very good.

Ghosts:  Should Ethan keep Orynn at a distance despite his want to bring her near, or should he follow the heart he swears he does not have? 

Liza: Do I get to decide? Because I'm voting for the latter. 

Ghosts: No you don't get to decide. I just remember how much you hate questions, you don't know the answer to.

Liza: *growls* You know as a book, I can ruffle your pages in return.

Ghosts: It's not me creating these questions. It's Ethan. As his understanding of Orynn develops, he begins to question all of his preconceived notions about both himself and the universe around him.

Liza: Oh, okay then. I'll leave your pages unharmed....as long as you tell me more about this story.

Ghosts: Well, it turns out Orynn is in serious danger. The First Commander of the Xen’dari fleet intends to track the Vesperian Sisterhood to the ends of the universe and destroy them. 

Liza: Why? What did the sisterhood do?

Ghost: I cannot reveal that. But their past actions has put this commander upon a path of vengeance. He will do everything in his power to burn their world down until nothing is left but ash and the bitter taste of regret. 

Liza: Oh no! What happens next? Can Ethan save not only Orynn but her sisterhood as well?

Ghost: Read the book and find out.

Liza: I will if you'll give me the buy links.

Ghost: As you wish.

Available for FREE at 
Amazon 





Space Rep:Holy Space Crap, It’s Free! The book is free! I can download this one without your permission!

Liza: It's been great meeting you again, Ghost, but it's time to send you back. It' looks like me and Space Rep are going to fight over dibs on this book. 

Ghost: Can I not tell you about my writer first?

Liza: I suppose. Only make it fast. I want to get the book before... nevermind, he's already downloaded it. Tell me about your author.


Ghost: CE Kilgore is a flawed-vision human who has compensated by writing flawless stories. You may take pleasure in her company at the following  links:

Twitter: @ce_kilgore
 Website


Liza: I'm sure CE will appreciate the dubious bio.

Now, Space Peep, While I get lots of visitors, they never leave messages. So your new job is to get peeps to leave messages.

Space Peep: Free kittens and puppies to all who leave messages. 

4 comments:

  1. I collected it, and tweeted away.
    Looks interesting! Thanks to both of you... and Space Rep, I think.
    PS, it'd be sooo nice if I could read any of the catpchas your site uses for 'security.' Using the same meaning as when TSA is discussed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for complaining about the captchas. I cidn't realize they were on. I hate them. I think they are off now.

      Delete
  2. Love the book interviews! I always learn so much more. :) And I just got this one for free. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly, so do I. Space Rep download my copy first thing this morning.

    ReplyDelete

All spammers will be shot with a plasma gun.