Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Jessica E. Subject shares 5 fav stops in Ontario and her latest: Her Alien Hero, 1 Night Stand

Today, I have the fabulous Jessica E. Subject over sharing 5 places to visit in Ontario and the release of her new 1 Night Stand.

First, let's check out the places to visit in Ontario.



Top Five Favorite Places to Visit in Ontario
by Jessica E. Subject
Later this month, I’m going to travel to Ottawa, the capital of Canada, and the city my new release is set in. Yes, I’m Canadian, but I’ve never had the opportunity to travel to our capital. Well, I did for the grade eight class trip, but I chose to go to Quebec City, Quebec instead.
Anyway, I thought I’d share five of my personal favorite places to visit in my province and my reasons why.

1. North Bay
I truly love Northern Ontario, the Canadian Shield, all the lakes and woodlands. It’s definitely a much cleaner and less stressful area to live than Southern Ontario. My parents met and married in North Bay before moving down to this area. Although North Bay is only considered to be the gateway to the north, it is a wonderful area with so many natural attractions. I have many memories from the area, splashing in the fountain at city hall, swimming with my brother and father in Lake Nipissing, going for boat rides on Trout Lake, the many drives up to Tower Drive and the Canadian Armed Forces Base to see where my dad used to live and learn about the underground complex, spending a day with my family on the Native Reserve after my wedding, visiting Nipissing University, and, of course, hiking around Duchesnay Falls. If you ever make the hike, watch out for bears! They will fight you for the yummy blueberries.

2. Rondeau Park
I spent a lot of my childhood here, too, visiting my other grandparents. We often visited the Visitor’s Center, helping to feed all of the snakes, fish, turtles, and more. We often held the snakes and went on hunts to find more creatures for their displays. We rode our bikes on the many trails, swam in Lake Erie, had conversations with visitors from Spain about hummingbirds, made feeding stations for the deer, and watched my grandfather run away from the racoons chasing him.

3. Owen Sound
Though this is no metropolitan city, the area is full of waterfalls. There is actually a waterfall tour you can take to visit them all. The biggest is Inglis Falls, which is right in the city and it has a park and petting zoo at the bottom. I hiked many of the falls when I was pregnant with my first child. And after both my children were born, we took another trip there to visit them again.

4. Collingwood
I’ve only been here once that I remember, but it was a trip my hubby and I took together without the kids. This lakeside city has many of the amenities of a big city with the feel of a small one. Not only did we catch a couple of movies at the theatre, but we also hiked up to the Scenic Caves and explored many of them.

5. Toronto

Wow, this city has it all. It is the largest city in Canada, and is on a lake. Can you get any better? I’ve been to the zoo, the Science Center, the ROM, Ripley’s Aquarium, some of the libraries, the CN Tower, to a couple of the stadiums for Blue Jays games and concerts, to an outdoor train museum, on the subway, to underground malls, and so much more. It’s not a place I’d want to live as it’s too fast-paced for me, but it sure is fun to visit.

HER ALIEN HERO
by
JESSICA E. SUBJECT

Publisher: Decadent Publishing Company, LLC
Genre(s): Science Fiction Romance, Alien Romance, Erotic Romance
Heat Rating: 3 – May contain adult language, adult situations, and violence.
Page Count: 33



 Librarian by day, erotic romance author by night, Melinda Rose sets out for another exciting conference, this one in Canada’s capital city, Ottawa. But all her plans go up in smoke when the 1Night Stand she applies for is set to happen at the same time.

Cooper Tate heads to Ottawa to meet a friend. When he learns of her deception, he is ready to head back home and vows never to trust her again. That is, until he sees a picture of his stunning date.

With the help of Madame Eve, can these two former neighbors become lovers? Or will extraterrestrial secrets rip away the hero Melinda has always dreamed of?

Related Title: Celestial Seduction

Other 1Night Stand stories by Jessica E. Subject: Celestial Seduction, Beneath the Starry Sky, Unknown Futures, Satin Sheets in Space, Sudden Breakaway, Another Night Another Planet, His Alien Virgin



“No.” Melinda shook her head with vigor. “No way. I’ve had enough one-night stands in my life. You know that. I don’t need or want another. Ever.” She flopped back on the bed, trying to forget the sting of rejection at being kicked out of a warm bed at three o’clock in the morning and making the walk of shame to her car, or waking up alone. Worse yet, the guy who woke up beside her and didn’t even remember her name. She was done with it all. Done.

“But this is different.” Her friend tossed the paper at her. “It’s more like a blind date. The owner of the company chooses the guy you’ll go out with. No profiles to look at and no obscene messages from creeps.”

“Sounds too good to be true, if you ask me.” She’d been burned too many times trying new ways to meet men.

“Read the testimonials. From couples still together, many of them married shortly after their date.”

Melinda rolled her eyes. “Okay, so she got a few right, but how many mismatches did this woman make along the way? How many of her clients will tell you they ended up with an asshole? I don’t want to be an Oops, I got it wrong case.”

“C’mon, Mel, take a chance. I swear, if you don’t do this, I’ll do it for you. I’ve already started filling out my own application. I’m going to do yours next.”

With a sigh, Melinda read the testimonials on Lauren’s screen then reached down to grab her laptop case. Too good to be true, maybe, but Madame Eve did have a high success rate and had set up some very high-profile couples. “Fine, I’ll do it.” Besides, if she refused, Lauren would sign her up. She noted the cost of a 1Night Stand and didn’t want to be someone’s charity case, no matter how close they were.

Filling in the never-ending online form, she told almost truths, though she may have left a few pounds off her weight. And her height may have included her high heels. When asked to describe her ideal man, she paused. In every story she wrote, her hero came from outer space, as she didn’t believe any good single men still existed on Earth. Women who already knew what they wanted in life had snatched them up in their twenties without exception. If only she’d been ready to get hitched at that age.

A sexy, hard-working man from another planet.

There! Let Madame Eve find her a man who fit her bizarre description.


Buy Links




Jessica E. Subject is the author of contemporary and science fiction romance, ranging from sweet to erotic. In her stories, you could meet clones, or a sexy alien or two. You may even be transported to another planet for a romantic rendezvous. 

When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk with her giant, hairy dog her family adopted from the local animal shelter.

Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.

Social Media Links

1 comment:

All spammers will be shot with a plasma gun.