Hey, Viv here. Thanks, Liza, for letting me come and visit on your lovely blogspace. I won’t keep y’all for long. I just let the dogs out for their morning shenanigans and whoa -- slightly cooler weather has finally arrived down here in Texas.
Not even kidding. A leaf might have fallen. In my yard! Now, I’m not saying we ever get actual real-life winter in these parts, but I do have a few favorite things about this time of year:
- Sports get real. Sadly, this year football at my alma mater -- the University of Texas -- ain’t so great, but we had an unexpected statewide reason to celebrate the Houston Astros winning the baseball World Series. Party still ongoing.
- Pets are pleased to announce that we have activated the magic heating blanket of awesomeness. Tahiti the Chihuahua may never leave his little nest therein. (See pic below.)
- Cool weather also means I can wear sweaters. Even ones with sleeves.
- Now we’re officially in stockings/pants weather, I can gleefully become less diligent about leg shaving.
- The water from the tap is deliciously cool and drinkable.
- Fireplace and campfires!
- And finally, a thing that doesn’t happen every Fall and in fact has only happened twice in ever: I have a book out. Today. It’s a near-future science-fiction romance set in November in the desert southwest and in Texas, so the ambiance is perfect to curl up and give it a read.
An Amazon Best Book of the Month!
“Raw. Smart. Quick-witted. Mouthwatering.
Just a few adjectives that describe this exquisite tale. Do not let this unforgettable story, or its incredible cast of characters, slip by you.”
Kellen Hockley usually keeps quiet about his past, but once upon a time he loved a girl named Angela. He hasn’t seen her in a decade, but now he has to break the news to her that his team of rogue treasure hunters accidentally killed her husband. He’s had better days…
It’s not the news that’s delivered to Angela Neko that breaks her apart—it’s the rumbly, Texas drawl delivering it. She can’t believe she’s hearing Kellen’s voice again. But there’s no time for distractions. When Angela’s own life is threatened, yielding up all of her lies and secrets, she and Kellen must figure out how to reverse the geopolitical firestorm she lit to save the world, to save Kellen’s cat…and just maybe to save each other.
Vivien Jackson writes fantastical, futuristic, down-home salacious kissery. A devoted Whovian Browncoat Sindarin Jedi gamer, she has a degree in English, which just means she's read gobs of stuff in that language. With her similarly geeky partner, children, and hairy little pets, she lives in Austin, Texas, and watches a lot of football. Give her a holler at www.vivienjackson.com or @Vivien_Jackson on Twitter.